Ask anyone if they like thick hair, the answer will evidently be a big yes. Thick and voluminous hair is amazing. Everybody longs for thick hair. Nowadays hair loss is a huge problem. One personality can be ruined if they do lose all their hair.
So, some common reasons resulting in hair loss and thinning are hormonal imbalance, allergies, pollution, nutritional deficiency, wrong hair care regime, heredity, etc.
People blindly splurge on trying hair products, undergo expensive treatments. These products and treatments contain harmful chemicals that often harm your hair and scalp
There are a variety of natural ingredients available in your kitchen itself that gives both thick and shiny hair. So are you wondering about how to thicken hair naturally? These are some remedies that will do the trick, and you will have thick hair in a few months.
10 Natural Remedies to Thicken Hair Naturally:
It provides the right amount of protein which promotes hair growth that makes your hair thicker, stronger and shiny. To use eggs on your hair:
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl and whisk them well
- Apply it wet hair and leave it for 20 minutes
- Rinse your hair with shampoo to get the eggs’ smell out of your hair
- Repeat at least four times every week to get desired results
2. Olive Oil
Helps to keep your hair nourished and vibrant. It contains Omega 3 fatty acids which help in the hair growth and also strengthens the hair.
- Warm the olive oil a bit before applying on your hair
- Gently massage your scalp with olive oil for at least 5 minutes
- Rinse the oil from hair thoroughly and use shampoo to cleanse your hair
3. Fenugreek Seeds
This is an excellent remedy to prevent hair fall and also to boost the volume
- Soak the fenugreek seeds in water for at least 10 hours.
- Prepare a paste from the soaked seeds
- Apply the paste on your scalp and leave it for around half an hour
- Wash it off and repeat once every week.
4. Orange Juice
Orange contains citric acid which fights dandruff and helps in thickening of hair and improves hair growth.
- Slice an orange and blend it well
- Apply the pulp as a pack of your hair
- Leave it for 20 minutes
- Repeat once a week
5. Castor Oil
Castor oil contains high viscosity which protects from hair fall. It has vitamin E to help in hair growth.
- You can use pure castor oil or can also mix it with coconut oil with equal parts of both
- Apply it on your scalp and hair and massage thoroughly
- Wrap your hair with a wet towel
- Leave this for around an hour and wash your hair with shampoo
6. Coconut Oil
The proteins present in coconut oil add strength to your hair. It is highly recommended as hair nourishment.
- Heat the coconut oil and massage it into your scalp for few minutes
- Cover your hair with a towel
- Shampoo your hair after half an hour
- Repeat it once every week
7. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is very popular as a remedy for thicker hair. It keeps the scalp healthy and removes dandruff, also promotes hair growth.
- Cut few Aloe Vera leaves and draw out the gel
- Apply the gel on your scalp and massage it gently
- Leave it for 30 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
8. Onion Juice
Onion juice decreases hair follicles soreness, which decreases hair fall due to breakage and promotes hair growth.
- Make juice from onions
- Apply the juice daily on your scalp and massage it lightly
- Leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour
- Shampoo your hair
Onion Juice and Honey
Flaxseed contains Omega 3 fatty acids and proteins that boost hair growth.
- Soak the seeds overnight
- Boil it to the consistency of hair gel
- Apply is on your scalp and leave for 10 minutes
- Wash your hair in warm water
This is an old remedy to soften and thicken hair especially used by Indian women.
- Take few henna leaves and make a thick paste with it and leave for about 2 hours
- Apply on your scalp and use a shower cap to cover your hair
- Leave it on for 2-3 hours
- Wash well with water or use a conditioner if you want
- Repeat it once a week to see desired hair growth
No matter if your hair is short or long, thick hair makes everything look good. Follow these simple home-made remedies to get naturally thick hair without cutting a big hole in your pocket.